Smoked Turkey BLT with Fresh Cayenne Chipotle Mayo

Smoked Turkey BLT

While water­ing our herbs and cayenne pep­per plant this after­noon I noticed that we have sev­eral pep­pers that have finally ripened. We’ve been using them green for a few months, but now, they are a bril­liant red. I wanted to do some­thing with one of them today and I’ve been crav­ing a good BLT lately.

Fresh Cayenne Peppers

I decided to use the pep­pers and make a spicy mayo for the sand­wich – a fan­tas­tic move. Here’s the ingredients:

1 fresh cayenne pep­per
1/8 tea­spoon chipo­tle pow­der
1/4 tea­spoon adobo
2 table­spoons mayonnaise

Mince pep­per and add to Mayo (seeds and all for an extra spicy kick). Crush the pep­per bits into the mayo. Add the chipo­tle and adobo and mix well.

I spread this rather lib­er­ally onto two slices of nice fresh seven-grain bread. I rolled the turkey slices and placed them on the bread along with bacon and a cou­ple sliced of muen­ster cheese.

building a BLT

This went into a 350º pre­heated toaster oven, open-faced for about 5 min­utes until the cheese melted. I topped it with fresh slices of tomato and a cou­ple leaves of romaine lettuce.

The mayo was the star of this sand­wich by far added a nice bit of tang and spice. All around, an easy and really tasty sand­wich for a lazy Saturday afternoon.

BEN_4005-Edit copy

This entry was posted in Bacon, Recipes, Sandwich and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

7 Comments

1. LeeAnn
    Posted August 1, 2009 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

I am not this ambi­tious to make a sand­wich but this LOOKS awe­some! I LOVE Muenster cheese!

2. Posted August 2, 2009 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

I am sure you could! I think from start to fin­ish it only took me 10 minutes.

3. Posted August 2, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

Oh man. Muenster cheese. Word! And heated open face makes any sand­wich that much bet­ter. Generally when I think of a BLT, it’s straight up bacon let­tuce and tomato. Bringing the turkey and spicy mayo…very nice. Will have to give it a go.

4. Posted August 2, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

My meal plan­ning just became a whole lot eas­ier thanks to you! I am mak­ing this tonight!!

5. Posted August 3, 2009 at 1:22 am | Permalink

sweet. lemme know how it goes!

6. Posted August 3, 2009 at 1:43 am | Permalink

just fin­ished — it was so good.…i love chipo­tle and toast­ing any sand­wich in gen­eral! Looking for­ward to your next post as I peruse the archives!! The pho­tos look good enough to eat by the way — they alone have me sali­vat­ing, great work there too! Thanks, Ben!!

• Posted August 4, 2009 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

awe­some! i’m glad it worked out for you. i need to do it again soon, maybe make a larger batch.

One Trackback

• […] used some good multi-grain bread and slathered it with some of my tasty Fresh Cayenne Chipotle Mayo. I set two of the amaz­ing fried tomato discs onto some turkey bacon (I know, I know, but I had to […]

• My Sponsors